Back from Washington DC!

Leave a Comment
I feel like it has been a century since I have found time to sit at my computer, but this time away from everything was definitely worth it. The past week has been filled with travel and fun adventures with my boyfriend and I cannot wait to start posting about what I learned on this trip and my favorite parts. Last Wednesday, Kyle and I headed out of the mountains of North Carolina to spend the night in Greensboro, then leaving on Thursday morning to make our way all the way to Washington DC. We spent three full days in DC (so five days and four nights technically) and had an amazing time.  Here are some of the highlights of our adventure!

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
Federal Triangle, Washington DC 
I made a Peacock friend! I didn't want to get too close to him but he was definitely willing for me to hang out beside him for a good twenty minutes. I probably took 50 up-close photos of his feathers and stances.

National Zoo
Woodley Park, Washington DC

In this US Holocaust Museum, there is an awesome memorial inside that features all of the camps with candles underneath their names so that you can light a candle to pay respects.

US Holocaust Museum, Washington DC

Rotunda
Arlington National Cemetery

Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
Washington DC

John F. Kennedy Eternal Flame
Arlington National Cemetery

Arlington National Cemetery

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Arlington National Cemetery


Lincoln Memorial
Washington DC
Throw what you know! Alpha Gamma Delta

Washington Monument
Washington DC
Union Station
Washington DC
Supreme Court
Washington DC
The US Capitol looked like a hot mess on its dome. Like majority of DC, it is going through repairs. The Mall is tore up and the Grant Memorial is completely covered. So I did not take any pictures of  a memorial that you couldn't see or how ugly the Mall was with its construction.

US Capitol Building
Washington DC
The Museum of Natural History
Washington DC


Taking a picture with good ol' Andrew Jackson. My 2nd favorite president after Thomas Jefferson. The awesome part of our Capitol tour was that it was a private tour, thanks to Congressman Mark Meadows, and we were able to enter the Capitol through the underground tunnels that connect the Capitol to the House offices. The tunnels also connect between various other important buildings in DC.

US Capitol Building
Washington DC
The Museum of American History
Washington DC
Kyle's dad works for the EPA as a scientist / researcher so we naturally had to take a picture with the EPA building DC.

Environmental Protection Agency
Federal Triangle, Washington DC





First try doing this type of pictures and wanted to give it a shot on this beautiful memorial. This is by far one of my favorites and it was awesome to here on D-Day.

Wold War II Memorial
Washington DC







0 comments:

Post a Comment