Phew, a great fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club yesterday!

Leave a Comment
Yesterday was our first big fundraiser at the Boys and Girls Club of the Plateau. I have been a part of the staff since it's founding and opening day, and it has been a big learning experience to be a part of a new Boys and Girls Club. It has definitely not been easy, but I'm glad that I've stuck it through. The fundraiser was a spaghetti dinner and it was a success. I was going to be happy settling for breaking even as long as we got some community exposure, but we definitely went beyond breaking even and received a lot of support. The biggest hit of the fundraiser, other than the food, was the kids having a chance to pie their program leaders in the face. Some of us had well over 10 pies in the face. Many of our kids finally got their chance to get back at us for every time we asked them to stop running, pick up their trash, and to stop bickering with each other. I definitely felt their wrath after there was enough cool whip in my face to suffocate. Needless to say, it was a great time and I'm glad the kids had a blast pieing us.
My "before" Shot!

Staff and our board president after being pied by the kids! My boyfriend, Kyle, works with me too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment