Cooler In Progress!

Leave a Comment
First, I want to show that progress and ideas that I have for this cooler that I am fixing up. As I mentioned in my previous post, I ruined this cooler a year ago by just not doing it justice. Here is the progress I have made on it!



Front Side! The plan to add "Or Bust" below NC and I'm still brainstorming what to do with some of the empty space. There definitely needs to be some touch-ups on this but I'm trying to wait until the end to make touch-ups on this, just in case! 

Pearled border that I'm working on - One idea is to do something Alpha Gam related and the other is to make it Western Carolina related. We'll see where this actually goes. 
Back Side! If you look at the ratchet pictures, you realize that I kept the back the same. This tank was actually not painted by me but by one of my favorite sisters, Jen, who is obviously talented and awesome. I still want to keep the tank and the American Flag idea but redo the blue/stars border and add "Back to Back World War Champs" around the tank. 

This border idea is road trip inspired and I plan to put in a few of the highways that we'll be traveling on our way to DC. The black and white are for the US/State highways and the red and blue are for the interstates. The green side is planned to be a road trip bucket list. 


So as we can see, I still have a lot of work cut out for me, but I am doing it the right way and adding layers of mod podge as I go and letting everything dry completely between layers and touch-ups. I'm really liking the color combinations. I'm still thinking of ideas for the lid. I definitely want to put mine and Kyle's names on the top. Right now, I'm thinking about combining the Blue Ridge Parkway skyline with the DC skyline in some variation with our names. I am really excited to see how this comes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment